When do we collect personal information?
We may collect and process the following data (such as names, telephone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, hobby or activity information, demographic information (age, gender, etc.), taste or preference information, and the like) about you:
- Details of your age to ensure that only adults of legal drinking age view and interact with our Site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to services available from the Site, posting material or requesting further services.
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion, or when you report a problem with our Site. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information you provide when completing surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What do we do with the information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in / to register you for certain interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, for example to enter you into competitions.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to your questions, comments or other communications.
- To e-mail you with updates and news, where you have consented to receive the same.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email where you have signed up for this service on the Site
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How do we use "cookies"?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
||Indicates that the age gate has been passed & provided ID for .net session
||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||Please see URL below for an overview of privacy at Google
|Website cookie acceptance
||Website cookie accepted
* *Expiry: from the date the cookie is placed on the machine*
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
What are web beacons and how do we use them?
Some of the pages on our Site and e-mail updates may contain electronic images called web beacons, sometimes known as one pixel GIFs, clear GIFs or pixel tags. On websites, these allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages. In promotional e-mail messages/newsletters they allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. Web beacons allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our consumers for the purpose of providing more personalised content. They are not used to access personally identifiable information without your consent.
What about chat rooms, message boards or other interactive forums?
We may offer chat rooms, message or bulletin boards, or interactive areas where visitors may post comments or information for our visitors' enjoyment. If there is a chat room, bulletin or message board, or other interactive areas where personal information may be posted on our Site, be sure to check our chat room rules before entering, as you will be bound by them. As you know, anything you post online is available for the world to see. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to information you voluntarily post.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What about links to other sites?
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Carlsberg UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.